Sunday 23 January 2011

Starting Up Again

So... it's been a while.

I've been thinking about starting this blog up again a bit lately. The problem is that I haven't really known what I could write about beyond one or two posts, and I didn't want to fall into the situation where I post once or twice and then promptly stop and leave this blog to die again.

I like the idea of having a blog. I like the idea of having some kind of home on the internet; a little corner of it that I can call my own. As great as Twitter is, there are times when the 140 character limit just isn't conducive to what you want to do, and you need somewhere else to collect your thoughts. The main problem comes when I try to write a blog post, and find that I end up putting down most of the topics I can think of as not being interesting enough.

What I really need is a deadline. So I'm imposing one upon myself. From now on I'm going to force myself to post at least once a week (and this time I mean it). I might post a review, or some short fiction, or random musings on something. If I get to Sunday and I haven't thought of anything, I'll probably end up writing something about whatever comes to mind first.

I'm not saying that it'll always be brilliant, and I might end up confirming my guy instinct that what I have to say isn't interesting. But hopefully it will be interesting, and more in the spirit of the name of this blog.

So, mark your calendars. Next week: the All-New, All-Different Random Thought Experiments. Prepare yourself.

Dreams of long life
What safety can you find?

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah! :)

    I know exactly what you mean; sometimes you can't think of anything to write, and then when you've forgotten to update once, it becomes very easy to forget again...

    I did the exact same thing though, and made it part of my weekly schedule to update at least once- Tuesday became Blog Day. Since then I've more or less managed to keep it up.* So good luck mister, I look forward to seeing more of these.

    *Sorry.

    ReplyDelete